The Bean to Bar film covers how the artisans make their chocolate from the cacao bean.
Some of the topics covered in the film.
- Growing the cacao, Bob Cooper from Kona Hawaii walks us through his plantation.
- Fermenting the beans, different methods of sweating the cacao beans
- Drying the beans, different methods used.
- Snorting the beans, removing unwanted material
- Roasting, one of the most important parts of developing flavor.
- Winnowing, removing the shell of the bean
- Mellanger, grinding the cacao nibs
- Roll mill, developing the texture
- Conche, developing the texture and aerating.
- A short history of chocolate.
- Fair Trade, Direct Trade, defining a artisan chocolate maker.
Chocolate makers in the film:
Steve DeVries Chocolate
Art Pollard, Amano Chocolate
Rob Anderson, Fresco Chocolate
Erin Andrews, indi Chocolate
Rob and Anna, Ritual Chocolate
AJ Wentworth, Chocolate Conspriacy
Lauren Alder, Chocoloplis
Kristy Lessile, Dr. Chocolate
Bob Copper, Original Hawaiian Chocolate
Joe Whinney, Theo Chocolate
Nathan Royston, Theo Chocolate