2 Hour Lunch Meal Prep
We all have schedules that are just overflowing with activities and things to do which is why meal prepping has become so popular in recent years. There are so many benefits to incorporating meal prepping into your weekly routine with the main one being that it’s such a time saver!
This specific recipe we came up with takes about 2 hours to cook everything and you’ll have lunch for everyday of the week! It helps keep you organized so you don’t have to stress about what to make for lunch and you can focus your energy elsewhere. It also can help reduce food waste when you use just a few simple ingredients! This way you’re using up everything you bought at the store and you can change up the meal to mix and match ingredients for something new every day.
This recipe highlights some favorite fall produce and flavors to give you a midday energy boost to get you through your day. Between getting the food from the grocery store and prepping all the food, it should only take about 3 hours out of your day and then you’re set!
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 tbsp indi chocolate BBQ Spice Rub
- Olive Oil
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp indi chocolate Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub
- Cayenne *optional*
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- 2 tbsp indi chocolate Mole Spice Rub
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp indi chocolate Japaleno Spice Rub
- indi chocolate Cacao Masala Spice Rub
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 halved chicken breasts with bone
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 avocados
- Preheat the oven to 400 degress
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets
- In a small bowl, toss together the cauliflower with indi chocolate BBQ Spice Rub, a heavy drizzle of olive oil and 1 can of chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- Set aside
- Cut the kabocha squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Each half of the squash gets;
1 tbsp indi chocolate Mole Spice Rub
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp salt
- Set aside
- Cut your sweet potato into 1 inch cubes
- Toss them with coconut oil, indi chocolate Jalapeno Spice Rub, salt & pepper
- Set aside
- Take the 2 chicken breasts and rub with indi chocolate Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub, a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of cayenne *optional*
- If you have a cast iron skillet, place in the skillet. If not, just place on baking sheets with directions below.
- On a baking sheet place all the different veggies in separate sections - depending on the size of your baking sheet you may need to space them out onto two sheets.
- Place all of the above into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The squash and chicken may need a little longer depending on your oven.
- While those are baking, make your salad dressing and marinated onions.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, tahini, tsp of salt, cacao masala, lemon juice, honey, garlic into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- For the onions, slice your red onion and in a container, add red wine vinegar, olive oil and 1 tsp indi chocolate Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub. Let marinate for at least a couple hours.
- Check on ingredients in the oven.
- If you have glass containers, you don’t have to wait for your ingredients to cool. If you do not have glass, we recommend waiting until all the food as cooled a bit before placing into containers.
- Separate the ingredients into dishes for each day of the week. Get creative and mix and match to keep lunch interesting throughout the week!
- Serve with diced avocado and kale.