Warming Curry Cacao Masala Soup - Vegan!
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 box vegetable broth
- 1 tbs tamari
- 2 tbsp cacao masala
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 star anise
- 2 peppercorns
- 4 slices of ginger
- 3 heaping tbsp of miso paste
- 8.8 oz pumpkin ginger noodles
- In a large pot, sautee leeks and mushroom in sesame oil on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring until tender
- Add broccoli, garlic, coconut milk & vegetable broth and let simmer.
- Add tamari, cacao masala, turmeric, cayenne, red pepper flake, anise, peppercorns, ginger and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add miso paste and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit while pasta cooks to enhance flavors.
- In a separate pot, boil water and cook 8.8 oz pumpkin ginger noodles
- Once the noodles are done, place into serving bowls and ladle the vegetables and broth on top of the noodles
- Garnish with cilantro, lime, red pepper flakes and cayenne to taste