Stuffed Potato Skins with indi chocolate Jalapeño Spice Rub
- 8 small to medium sized russet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 strips of bacon and grease
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives
- indi chocolate Jalapeño Spice Rub
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub the potatoes clean and rub with coconut oil. Bake for one hour or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Cook the bacon strips in a frying pan on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Let cool. Crumble.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let cool. Cut in half horizontally. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving about 1/4 of an inch of potato on the skin. Set inside of potatoes aside.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 450°F. Brush or rub coconut oil or all over the potato skins, outside and in. Sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking rack in a roasting pan Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then flip the skins over and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Saute spinach in bacon grease and add to each potato skin. Top spinach with cheese and bacon and place in the oven on broil for 2 min.
- Garnish potatoes with sour cream, ground pepper, indi chocolate Jalapeño Spice Rub and chives.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!