indi chocolate Molé Sweet Rolls
Ingredients for indi chocolate Molé Sweet Rolls:
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons indi chocolate Molé Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup indi chocolate cacao nibs
Ingredients for indi chocolate Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 tablespoons (generous 1/3 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- indi chocolate cacao nibs (for garnish)
- orange zest
Directions for indi chocolate Molé Sweet Rolls:
- Mix together in a bowl by hand or with mixer, milk, eggs, butter, flour, salt, sugar and yeast to make smooth soft dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to grease all sides, cover the bowl, and let the dough rise for 60 minutes, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk.
- In a separate bowl mix together, butter, brown sugar, indi chocolate Molé Spice Rub, butter and indi chocolate cacao nibs.
- On a lightly greased surface roll dough into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle sugar mix all over, evenly.
- Roll into a log starting from the shorter end.
- Cut pieces into 12 slices and place the buns in a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan. Cover the pan and let the buns rise until they're nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Uncover the buns, and bake them until they're golden brown, about 20 minutes. While the buns are baking, make the icing.
Directions for indi chocolate Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together cream cheese, vanilla, butter, maple, sugar.
- Spread frosting on top of warm indi chocolate Molé Sweet Rolls
- Garnish with orange zest and indi chocolate cacao nibs