Cacao Shrimp with Lime Crema Sauce
Thank you to Stephanie Allestead (IE The Chocolate Lady) for this delicious recipe, using indi chocolate Seafood Spice Rub.
- Peeled and cleaned raw shrimp (21-25 count)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp of indi chocolate Cacao Seafood Rub
- 1 Small sweet onion sliced
- 12oz pkg of mini sweet peppers
- Other vegetables for grilling if desired
- Fresh ground sea salt & pepper
- ¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 oz of Crema
- 1 small lime (for zesting and juicing)
- 2-3 tsp garlic paste
- Place shrimp and small onion rings in a large bowl and lightly drizzle oil over them. Mix carefully.
- sprinkle indi chocolate Seafood Rub over top and mix carefully again, ensuring all the shrimp is well coated. If needed, add more rub. Set bowl in fridge till ready to cook.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Crema, garlic paste and lime zest to taste. Mix well. Set aside in fridge until ready to serve.
- Clean and slice vegetables to desired size for grilling. In another large mixing bowl, add prepared vegetables and cilantro. Drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside until ready to grill.
- Right before you prepare the grill, take shrimp out of the fridge and drizzle the juice from the lime over it and mix gently. Don’t let it set more than 15 minutes or the acid in the lime juice will begin to cook the shrimp.
- When the grill is ready, grill the vegetables in a grill pan first. When cooked to desired doneness (we like them more charred), remove and place in serving dish, and keep warm. Add shrimp mixture into same pan and grill until shrimp just start to turn pink.
We served the grilled vegetables over an arugula salad, added the shrimp and then drizzled the crema sauce over the top. This a great dish to serve over rice too!