Dulce de Leche Tart
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbs heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup indi chocolate cacao nibs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) Dulce de Leche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 bars indi chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together yolks, cream and vanilla
- In a separate bowl or mixer add flour, powdered sugar, salt, indi chocolate cacao nibs and blend, then add butter; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add yolk mixture until mixture forms a ball. Shape into a disk and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and spread it out into a disk and transfer to a 9 inch tart pan.
- Press into the bottom and to the sides pulling the dough up the sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden. Remove the foil and weights.
Directions for Dulce de Leche filling:
- Heat dulce de Leche for a few seconds over a double boiler and stir
- Spoon dulce de leche into tart shell, spreading evenly
- Heat 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan until bubbles appear around the edge.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add chunks of indi chocolate to start melting it. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over dulce de leche; spread with a spatula.
- Dust with a little flaky sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for it to set.