Spicy Cacao Nib Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup indi cacao nibs
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbs indi chocolate Jalapeño Spice Rub
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- coarse grey sea salt for sprinkling
- Place a piece of parchment paper larger than the pan over a half sheet baking pan.
- Combine the sugar, water and corn syrup in a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium and cover for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, remove the lid and insert a candy thermometer into the sugar. Do not stir. Let it boil and cook until it reaches a temperature of 240 F.
- Add the indi cacao nibs and indi Chocolate Jalapeño Spice Rub, stirring constantly, until the temperature reaches 320 F.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the butter, salt, vanilla and baking soda.
- Working quickly but carefully, pour the brittle onto your prepared pan. Spread it some with an oiled knife. When it starts to resist and get sticky and stringy at the edges, stop, and let cool completely.
- Break brittle into irregular pieces and enjoy!