Barbecue Delicata Squash with Pepitas
- 1 medium delicata squash
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp indi chocolate Barbecue Spice Rub
- 2 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a pan and saute delicata squash for about 5 min, add 1/2 cup of water, cover and turn on low.
- When the squash is tender and water is mostly gone (about 20 min) add 1 Tbsp coconut oil, brown sugar, Braggs Liquid Aminos, ground pepper and indi chocolate Barbecue Spice Rub,
- In a separate pan, on medium, toast pepitas by stirring in the pan until you hear them begin to pop. Take off heat and toss with olive oil and indi chocolate Barbecue Spice Rub.
- Serve squash over quinoa or rice and sauteed spinach. Garnish with barbecue pepitas.