Jamaican Jerk Avocado Toast and Potato Hash
Ingredients for potatoes:
The weekends are meant for us to take pause and slow down. Kick off your morning with this amazing Jamaican Jerk Avocado Toast! Plain avocado toast can get old sometimes, but spicing it up with Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub takes the meal to a whole new level. We've added some fresh red and yellow peppers to give the avocado toast some extra color and flavor. The potato hash is a great compliment to the avocado toast and the perfect side. Make a trip down to your local farmer's market to pick up the freshest produce to make this meal - you'll thank us later!
Ingredients for avocado toast:
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- cilantro, chopped
- chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of indi chocolate Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub
- 1 tsp harissa sauce
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- salt pepper
- Place the peppers on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast the peppers whole. 450 degree oven for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred.
- Remove skins and seeds and tops and slice, coat in oil and Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub and set aside.
- Smash an avocado half onto toast, and layer it with the roasted peppers, fried egg, salt, pepper, harissa sauce, microgreens and cilantro.
- In a skillet, sauté butter and leeks on low
- Add potato, salt and Jamaican Jerk Spice Rub cook until potato are crispy
- Add kale and cover to steam