Cacao Cold Brew
Jump start the work week with with a mighty blend of coffee and cacao. Adding cacao gives your average morning cup of joe a great silky and chocolatey flavor.
The Theobromine found in cacao is less harsh on your system than caffeine and gives you a smooth sustained energy that lasts long into your day. Drink the steeped cacao beans like a tea or add to your coffee for a delightful drink we call: 50/50.
- 5 oz cacao nibs or roasted cacao beans ground [texture similar to ground coffee and you can use a coffee grinder to grind]
- 32 oz cold water
- 5 oz brewed coffee cold or hot (optional)
- Using a cheesecloth or milk nut bag, put roasted cacao beans into the container and pour the water directly over
- Let the mixture sit on your counter at room temperature for 16 hours
- Take a mason jar and put a regular coffee filter over the top
- Push it down so that there is only a small lip of filter over the top
- Pour the mixture into the mason jar slowly, allowing the filter to do its job
- Add the steeped cacao brew to your coffee or drink like a tea without coffee