This weekend is all about the fatherly figures in our life. Fathers can have all sorts of roles in the family, but one thing they almost always have in common is their love for food. They understand and value the process of creating a unique dish that will make their taste buds explode. Add family to the mix and you are cookin’ up a real special memory. Make this Father’s Day one you and him will remember forever by cooking together.
The indi chocolate family sees cooking as a special way to create something together that all can enjoy. For us, the first things that come to mind when we think of Father’s Day are grilling and veggies. As one of our team members put it best, “Dads are all about grilling and they love telling you to eat your vegetables!”
We wanted to combine this idea to create an exciting and summer-y dish that is fun and easy to make for this Father’s Day. Heat up the grill this Sunday and spend some quality time with Dad. Start the day off by heading to your local Farmer’s Market to pick up fresh vegetables. For a burst of flavor, we have added our Jalapeño Spice Rub for a little kick. The savory vegetables paired with the sweetness of pineapple take your mouth to flavor town! Fruits, veggies and flavor all in one dish!
No matter what your plans are forFather’s Day, this dish will surely elevate the day and show dad you truly care. Plus, they’re the perfect addition to any meal you already have planned!
- 1 pineapple
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 sweet onions
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño Spice Rub
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Skewers (Note: we used stainless steel, be sure to soak wood skewers in water before placing on the grill...otherwise they will burn!)
- Turn the grill on to a medium high heat, this will ensure you get the beautiful grill marks.
- Chop up the pineapple, red peppers, and onions into thick chunks. Evenly place the chunks on your skewer so that they touch but aren’t squishing each other. Put them on a tray and drizzle the olive oil over them evenly.
- Add the spice rub and salt & pepper to taste.
- Once the grill is heated up, place the skewers across the grill in a way that will give them the grill marks. Flip them over after about 10 minutes, or until you start to see the char on the one side and then do the same on the other.
- Place them on a plate to serve! Bon appétit!