Molé Apple Pie
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 large honey crisps, thinly sliced and cored
1 Tbs Molé Spice Rub
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 pie crusts
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and add apples, indi chocolate Molé Spice Rub, salt, brown sugar. Cook for about 8 min.
- Add flour and apple cider vinegar and cook for 5 more min, let the mixture cool
- Press pie crust into the edges of pie pan and cook for 10 min in the oven
- Pour mixture in bottom crust and make a lattice over the pie with the other crust
- Beat egg and wash pie with the egg.
- Bake for 20 min at 425 degrees and lower the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 30 more min.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream with indi chocolate cacao nibs and enjoy!