Molé Peach Pie
We absolutely love pairing peaches with our molé cacao spice rub. Peaches are now in season and we've been experimenting more. Last year, we decided to grill peaches and sprinkle them with Molé Cacao Spice Rub to balance savory and sweet flavors all brought together with chocolate undertones. With our pie, theres more to share with friends and family! Bake it for your next gathering or as a treat for the family to eat throughout the week.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Pie Crust Dough:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 to 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of indi chocolate Molé Cacao Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 to 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 to 5 medium peaches, pitted and quartered
- 2 to 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Start by making the pie dough; simply combine flour, salt and butter with a pastry blender or with your hands until coarse. Add water and mix until it is smooth. Be careful to not overwork! Freeze dough for 30 minutes and move to refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, combine indi chocolate Molé Cacao Spice Rub, confectioners sugar, baking powder, salt and three tablespoons flour. Add butter, and with a pastry blender or hands, mix until it becomes crumbly. Add flour as needed until desired crumble is achieved and set aside.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add peaches, sugar, and salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spread two tablespoons of crème fraîche on pie crust bottom. Add filling and top with streusel.
- Use remaining peaches on top, arrange as desired. Top the pie with the rest of the crème fraîche.
- Bake the pie for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the pie cool before serving or store in the refrigerator for later!